Relationship Insight
When a woman who is unattached says to a guy something like, "Hey you can have your pick of anyone here tonight, do you want me to set you up with so-n-so?" or she says, "I think you are a really great guy, I 'd like to fix you up with my friend," be aware there are lines to read between. What she really wants is for you to say, "Oh, that's so nice of you but I'd rather go out with YOU."
I don't speak from self-delusion or visions of grandeur when I can honestly say that every time things like this have happened to me, I later found out that the offerer wanted to be the offer herself. So guys be in tuned (as if that were ever really an option) and gals just say what you mean, it's worth the risk and makes life that much simpler.
-
Labels: dating, relationships

5 Comments:
That's an interesting take, and I know you are basing it on your own experience, BUT, I have to put in my $.02. In the past when I was single and I offered to set my male friends up, it was usually because I actually wanted to set them up, and in almost every case I can think of when I've done it, I would have been horrified if they had turned to me and said that they wanted to go out with me instead. If I was interested in a guy, I would have never offered to set him up...I'd find that perverse and masochistic.
Of course many people do indeed just want to do a good deed but my experience (as u noted) has been different. Even to the point where I know for a fact that a married person who offered a guy a shidduch really was quite taken by the guy herself.
I think many people are afraid to put themselves on the line and be vulnerable to rejection and this warped game plays out. I obviously advocate a direct approach.
I'm right there with WG. When I was interested in a guy I would just say so, and the times that I offered to set my friends up were when I thought something good could come of it.
btw-nice to see you writing and if feels good to be a "part" of a blog even if it's only a comment.
i think woman are very easy to let guy feel what she wants. if she does not need guy for more then friendship it will be pretty clear from her actions
You indeed know girls right!!!
But I think, you should not generalize!
Keep blogging!!
This is Nancy from Israeli Uncensored News
Post a Comment
<< Home